Obama is now the Prez, and I think it's pretty awesome. I'm also thankful that this who election has been more civil than the previous two. Most Republicans don't hate Obama, and I don't think many Democrats were going to move to Canada if McCain had won.
(On a side note, remember all those people, including celebs, that said they would do that in 2004? Put your money where your mouths are next time, you chicken shits)
Even after the oath blunders, the speech was pretty awesome. I was actually thinking how I could see myself forgetting what the Chief Justice had just said, and then Barack did it himself. What I thought was even funnier was that, at least in the CNN coverage, right before he walked up to the podium, a marine discretely carried a small box out and placed it by the podium. Because his mic was on, you could hear Michelle Obama say "what's that for?" and Barack responded "it's for you!" She had to stand on it so the height difference wasn't as drastic.
I actually ended up watching it with only a few other students but a large contingent of facilities people and landscapers who were working on a courtyard outside the TV room. Right after Obama's speech, one of the landscapers says, "Well all this bullcrap is nice, but it's time for us and him to get to work." It works on a bunch of levels, even if it wasn't intended that way.
I gotta say, I feel bad for Bush. Not as the President, he was awful. Arguably the worst so far awful. But as a guy, it's tough to have the world calling you stupid, a liar, and a fuckup for 8 years. If I were him, I'd be pretty psyched to just chill out on my Texas ranch and give the finger to everyone who doesn't like me. Being me and not him, I'm actually pretty psyched he's not my President anymore.
Lastly, I can't help but wonder what Obama and Bush have discussed over the past few days spent with each other. I'm sure there's a lot of top secret stuff that Obama has been learning. Escape pods from the white house, nuclear launch codes, military secrets, etc. It'd be interesting to know if there is anything only Bush knew and he told only Obama (and he had learned it from Clinton). I doubt there is anything so secret that only the President knows about it, because then it would probably be pretty worthless, but it's a cool thought.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment