Sunday, January 11, 2009

Original Thoughts... Except Not

While spending today actively not doing any of the work I should be doing, I tried to come up with new characters for our upcoming [attempt at an] online campaign.

From previous brainstorming sessions with myself, also known as thinking, I had come up with a warforged paladin. This basically turned into me being Robo from Chrono Trigger. I also thought of being a kind-hearted doppleganger who helps people who are grieving due to the loss of friends or family by coming to them acting as an angel of the lost person. I then realized that character was far too similar to Samuel Beckett from Quantum Leap. I then thought of a Drow who goes against his people and becomes good, but Sam pointed that that is basically Drizzt from the Forgotten Realms world.

It seems that either I'm too incompetent to come up with an original idea, or they're all taken already.

Also, suck a big fat one Tennessee and Carolina. Both of you light-blue wearing wusses have been overrated all season, and now you're overrated all the way to being done for the season. You can join the similarly overrated Vikings. Jake Delhomme is better than Eli, yeah right...

Yet another day goes buy where the Red Sox make some low key but valuable acquisitions. I love the signings the Yankees made, but there are still some holes in the team that need addressing.

I know I promised silly anecdotes and not boring musing, but it's finals time and I'm not getting out much.

1 comment:

  1. even as a mets fan i'm getting pissed at the red sox acquisitions. they just pick up john smoltz like it's no big deal... or brad penny. WTF?!?!

    ReplyDelete